Pork And Spinach Wrap
Wraps are great for supper. You can really let your imagination run wild and basically put anything in them.
I have also found that they are a great way to sneakily add more veggies into the family's diet. If you asked my kids to eat spinach it would be a resounding "Yeuch, no!". However when it is stealthily wrapped into one of their favourite supper meals they don't object.
For this recipe I have used pork,but you can use chicken, beef or go vegetarian and just use the chickpeas.
- 500gm pork stir fry
- 1 chopped onion
- 1/2 tin tomatoes
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- 1 tin chick peas
- 2 cups chopped raw spinach
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 4 wraps or Lebanese flat breads
- Grated cheese
- Fry the onions and add the pork to brown.
- Add tomatoes, tomato puree, spices and stock cube and simmer until the meat is tender.
- Add the chick peas and warm through.
- Stir through the spinach until just wilted.
- Divide meat mixture into four and roll into wraps.
- Place wraps on a baking tray and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Grill until the cheese has melted and then serve.
Related terms: Pork Spinach Feta, Pork Spinach Soup, Spinach Pork Loin, Spinach Pork Chops, Pork Stuffed with Spinach, Rolled Pork with Spinach Filling, Spinach Tortilla Wraps, Starbucks Spinach Wrap